Thursday, April 15, 2010

Where's My Keys?

Where have the days gone?
The changes we see daily in Taylor are astounding. From one day to the next she is becoming more aware of her surroundings, more interactive with people around her and is fully recognizing the humor of this whole situation. In eight weeks she has amassed far more worldly possessions than most adults and without my ever having actually seen her jump up and spread her things all over the house, she has done it none the less, time and time again! At some point, perhaps after having woken Kelly and I five or six times during the night, she leaps out of her little crib and covers every square inch of empty space in our house with random baby paraphernalia. It has to be after we are sleep deprived and there is little chance of us waking up while she makes this daring break from her electronically monitored, mobile canopied, mirror and trinket clad Ikea baby prison to wreak havoc or our formerly baby free yuppy abode.
I say she is recognizing the humor because she openly laughs as I wade through the knee deep baby accessories from one end of the house to the other looking for a place to stash yet one more cold wet diaper, having completely missed my first appointment and all the while chanting my ritual morning song she has come to know so well "Where's My Keys?....where has she put my bloody keys?" I do believe she could effectively communicate given the right incentive, not talk as such but I think she is well capable of pointing to where my keys are, she did hide them in the dead of the night after all, but instead she sits and laughs...taking in the show.
Some may think this whole theory far fetched or even delusional, I expected as much and as proof I will post a very recent picture of our little Taylor yucking it up in her car seat while watching the Mommy and Daddy show pass by her front row seat.


    Family and friends keep telling us to enjoy this time as it will go by quickly and Taylor will be into another phase of babyness before we know it. This time is magical and we are loving every minute of it, we are excited as each change comes and looking forward to the next even more than the last, especially when she no longer uses sleep deprivation and noise disorientation as behavioural control mechanisms, after all both are strongly condemned by Amnesty International.

We were lucky to have a few days away to my Dad & Dorothy's house in Ellicottville and the time was spent relaxing and watching Taylor learn how to laugh, what a fantastic process to see someone go through!

Some pictures below should be shared and it's been too long already so I am going to throw them up here while I'm logged in.




Rochelle was there for the whole labour/delivery and everything from then out. As par for the course, Rochelle snapped Taylor up as soon as Kelly blinked.









We were lucky to have been able to book Trish Mennel to do Taylor's baby pictures.























1 comment:

  1. It's about time we have an update. Love the story as usual. Keep up the great job, you both deserve this time. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete